BSc Computer Science (Top Up)
If you have a computing or information technology- based qualification that’s the equivalent to the Second Year BSc degree, you can join the Final Year of either of these two BSc courses. Our online computer science and information technology courses are very similar to our campus-based degrees, and the academic standards required are just as high. However, they give you the flexibility to study from wherever you like and to fit learning around other commitments. Computer Science gives you a broad range of skills and knowledge in areas including programming, multimedia, networks, databases, operating systems and software engineering. Information technology includes many aspects of computer science, but with more focus on the needs of people and organisations.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme coordinator on this website for further details.
Why choose this course?
- You can study when and where you want, fitting in with your other commitments such as work or family
- Our online degrees are based on their on campus equivalents with the same academic quality standards and processes so your award will be recognised worldwide
- Study at a highly-regarded, well established computer science department with excellent facilities, strong links to both business and research, and a track record of graduate success.
- BSc Information Technology Management also available to study online.
What will I study?
For entry at Level 6 the programme in its entirety is offered in two study patterns:
- an entirely part-time study pattern (2 years in duration) or
- an entirely full-time study pattern (1 year in duration)